Large rise in car tax?

Started by Guanche, Mon 6 May 2013, 18:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

Ah sorry  :giggle:  "Chuleta" is a chop, but it's also the word my Spanish colleagues use for a slip of paper, a chitty!  I meant I still have my receipts from the previous years  :D
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Perikles

Quote from: Nova on Thu 16 May 2013, 15:27"Chuleta" is a chop, but it's also the word my Spanish colleagues use for a slip of paper, a chitty!

Just for the record, I've been researching this and so far none of the native Spanish speakers on a forum I visit have ever heard the word used that way.  Most though are still asleep, living in South America.

NAH

Quote from: Nova on Thu 16 May 2013, 15:27
Ah sorry  :giggle:  "Chuleta" is a chop, but it's also the word my Spanish colleagues use for a slip of paper, a chitty!  I meant I still have my receipts from the previous years  :D

I worked out it must be something along those lines but thanks for the clarification.

Never ride faster than your angel can fly.

Perikles

Quote from: Nova on Thu 16 May 2013, 15:27but it's also the word my Spanish colleagues use for a slip of paper, a chitty! 

Could you ask these learned individuals where they got this word from? I seem to have the whole of my Spanish forum scratching their heads wondering how somebody uses it like that. Nobody in mainland Spain or South America recognizes it, nor does the DRAE:017:

Nova

I will ask, though this definition in your link above isn't a million miles away:

Quote3. f. Entre estudiantes, papel pequeño con fórmulas u otros apuntes que se lleva oculto para usarlo disimuladamente en los exámenes.

—————

El Profesor

Guanche

According to the wife a 'chuleta' is a cheat note. Its normally used by children in school who would take small note's into an exam to cheat. The wife said she hadn't heard that used since she was a school!

Nova

Thanks guys, I forgot to ask today, but my colleague uses the word for little pieces of paper with notes on as well as receipts.

—————

Perikles

Quote from: Nova on Fri 17 May 2013, 16:30
Thanks guys, I forgot to ask today, but my colleague uses the word for little pieces of paper with notes on as well as receipts.

Just had a reply from someone Spanish:

in Spain "chuleta" may have several meanings. Examples:

1. Me comí una chuleta de cordero = I ate a mutton crop.

2. Aprobé el examen con una chuleta. = I passed the test with cheat sheet.

3. Lo escribí en mi chuleta. = I wrote it on my piece of paper.

So there we have it, no. 3

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Don't you just love it when a thread gets weirdly derailed like this?   :crazy: