News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Administrative chaos on Arona’s beaches

Started by Janet, Wed 17 Apr 2013, 11:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

And Sally Vincent reports that there are no sunbeds or parasols on LC beach today.

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Delderek

Janet

Just posted the following on my website:

QuoteThe service company that has operated the sunbeds and umbrellas on Los Cristianos beach for a decade has today removed them. Arona Ayuntamiento has been silent on the matter, so it remains speculative, but it appears that the Canarian Government has decided to enforce the multiple technical reports which showed the service on Arona beaches was illegal, and that the contractor, Nanelbrusco SL, has pre-empted the inevitable instruction to vacate. Today, Los Cristianos beach. One must presume that Troya and Las Vistas beaches will soon take on the same denuded appearance. JA

Janet

Oh the irony ...

Just three days ago, Arona released the above promotional video, joining the upmarket trend, but stressing the municipality's award-winning "accessibility" for disabled visitors. Sadly, the video includes lifeguard services - and specifically disabled bathing services supplied by the lifeguards - which are no longer available. As is well known to everyone here, but unfortunately not the tourists the video aims to reach, the lifeguards are working to rule, and only on one of Arona's beaches, Las Vistas, at that ... and one thing that has been suspended is the disabled bathing service.

And of course, there are sunbeds on the beaches in the video ...

JA

Nova

Are there no Spanish or European laws prohibiting false advertising?  ::)
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Michael

Just a thought, but if that was shown in the UK, i'd be studying the Sale of Goods Act.  :whistle:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

unless it's been removed, it now has a comment on it ....  :whistle:

Nova

If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

someone else has posted now ... personal experience of a wheelchair user's wife ...

Michael

Quote from: Janet on Mon  1 Jul 2013, 22:13
unless it's been removed, it now has a comment on it ....  :whistle:

Eh? Removed from where?  :017: