News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Optica Downes

Started by Janet, Tue 2 Apr 2013, 22:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

I don't often make this sort of post but I must make a personal recommendation of an optician who gave me an eye test this morning. Perikles already had his glasses from Optica Downes and so I was fairly confident in approaching them after suffering pretty serious eye strain for the last few weeks. I also had a bit of concern about glaucoma, too, given a history of it in my family. Well, I was treated with care, concern, and professionalism, had an eye test comprising various elements and machines, and then given a personal consultation on my prescription and helped to choose lenses. And then I was given a discount. And to cap it all, the optician, Adal Downes, is half English, so can speak in fluent English to anyone who doesn't speak Spanish.

I've rarely been quite so impressed, and regular readers will know that I rarely make such posts as this - for that very reason! This is one very worthy exception, however, and I would recommend Optica Downes to anyone who needs an eye test. Adal is based in Calle Grande in Adeje, the old road up from the post office to the town hall. It's on the left as you go uphill, about halfway up the main hill where the town hall and old church are located. As you'll see from the business card below, this is a fully professional optician offering the full diagnostic and prescriptive range.

Janet

I'm not on commission, I promise! But once again a huge thank you to Adal in Optica Downes, from both me and my husband. I've had something wrong with one of my eyes for the last couple of weeks, wasn't sure what it was, just like there was something in it. Nothing would stop the irritation, and I assumed that it would pass, or that it was conjunctivitis which itself would pass, or that it was dust from the calima, something that always irritates my eyes. After my husband started complaining over the last couple of days about a problem with one of his eyes, however, we decided to chance a visit to the optician this morning. Start in the obvious place, we thought, and see where that leads.

Well, we were given around an hour's intensive attention between us, involving a range of drops to cause various specific effects to aid Adal's close investigation. This is after arriving unannounced and yet still being seen and treated on the spot. My husband's case is being monitored, but in my own case, an ingrowing eyelash which had been causing the problem was identified and removed. Instant relief, but I was also given a note to take to my GP for antibiotic drops. I cannot praise this optician too highly. Please don't waste your time going anywhere else if you have the slightest problem or concern with your eyes. Adal really is your man. JA