News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Triple killing in Piedra Hincada

Started by Janet, Thu 14 Mar 2013, 00:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

A 42-year-old Adeje man, originally from Cape Verde, is under arrest tonight after killing three members of his family in their home in Calle Basalto in Piedra Hincada, Guía de Isora. One of the victims was his 4-year-old son, while the other two are said to be his partner's parents, a woman of 50 and a man of 60. He was stopped around 9pm this evening after leaving the house carrying a knife and shouting that he had killed his family. He was found to have slashed his wrists, and was taken to a south-Tenerife hospital where he remains under police guard. JA

Michael

At the risk of stating the obvious, that is one seriously messed up individual.  :whistle:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

Police have clarified this morning that the woman who was killed last evening was not the man's mother-in-law but his 34-year-old partner, and mother to the child also murdered. The arrested man has been transferred to Candelaria Hospital.

edit: and now they've further clarified that their clarification was incorrect. As you were.

Janet

Police say that the man arrested last night for these killings has been transferred to Candelaria Hospital where he is being pyschiatrically assessed, and remains under police guard. Meanwhile, Guía de Isora Ayuntamiento has declared three days of official mourning for the deaths. All public events, concerts and the like, have been cancelled.

Perikles

Quote from: Janet on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 18:38Meanwhile, Guía de Isora Ayuntamiento has declared three days of official mourning for the deaths. All public events, concerts and the like, have been cancelled.

That is just so pathetic. Any excuse not to bother doing anything. What, apart from the concert, has been cancelled?

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

I am NOT trying to be funny.  Does this mean we have no mail delivery for three days?  Businesses shut up shop?  What else?

No problem with marking and remembering and mourning the deaths of the people who were killed.

Janet

I dunno .... but I don't think they mean the whole municipality comes to a halt, but shows and events are cancelled ... as I understand it ... :unsure:

edit: it's "actos oficiales que estan suspendido" .... :link:

Perikles

Quote from: Janet on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 20:27
I dunno .... but I don't think they mean the whole municipality comes to a halt

How would we know?

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Schedule for the next few days:

14/3:  Taller de conciliación familiar, laboral y personal
16/3:  Cine;  El legado de Bourne
16/3:  Música an el auditorio municipal de Guía de Isora

It is a token but possibly heartfelt nevertheless.

Janet

There'll be council stuff too, that isn't in a cultural agenda ..... of course the councillors will be gnashing their teeth at their enforced inactivity ....