News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Scooter rider dies in car accident in Los Abrigos

Started by Janet, Mon 18 Feb 2013, 09:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

A scooter rider died just before midnight last night after being run over by a vehicle on the main TF65 in the Los Abrigos area. Details are sketchy at present, and the man has not been identified, nor any age given. Emergency services were called, however, with reports that the skateboarder had been knocked down and was trapped under the vehicle involved. Bomberos managed to extricate him, but due to the severity of his injuries, paramedics could do no more than confirm his death at the scene. JA

Michael

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

I don't know!! The word the emergency services used - patineta - has both meanings, and I first thought it was more likely to be a skateboarder who was run over and trapped underneath a car, but then thought about the time and plumped for skooter rider ...

:undecided:

::)

Perikles

Quote from: Michael on Mon 18 Feb 2013, 09:26
Err, scooter rider or skateboarder?  :017:

Skateboarder at midnight? Why not?

poker

Saw a jong fellow today also with a long scateboard ( not a longboard , but bigger than a normal scateboard ) cruzing kwite fast along the road .
Thought came to mind what if a car comes fast arround the corner ?
Well its a risk they don't think about or yust like to take ?

I used to scate and have a good scateboard also years ago but would never have daered scating on the public road like this .
Think now or later accidents are pround to happen like the Abrigos one if you scate on a public road . . . 

Janet

They're now using the word monopatín, which I'm taking as confirmation that it was a skateboard, but I've just had information that I can't go public with yet that it was actually a scooter ... though I don't know what sort it was.

poker

Could be one of those steps with an electric motor and battery in it?

Janet

I am posting this for Lesley Wade - I got it last night so she means today, now. Please read, spread to your own contacts, and help if you can.

QuoteI can confirm that tomorrow morning I will be visiting the office of the Instituto Medicina Legal to identify the remains of my partner in life – Kirk Edward Warsop aka Singer Fife Sinclaire. Kirk had been photocopying his paperwork that morning and forgotten to return to the originals to his wallet, therefore the police were unable to identify him at the scene of the accident.

Many hours were spent at Guardia Civil Granadilla, after reporting him missing, whilst they thoroughly checked his whereabouts, before I was told that a "BODY" fitting his discription was found in the vicinity of Los Abrigos.

I would be grateful for any information regarding the incident that night. Because the police will not release the accident report untill the investigation is complete. And Kirks family and I need to understand what exactly happened! We need answers.

I would at this point thank the officers concerned who assisted me at Granadilla.

Please feel free to publish this if it will serve the pùrpose of finding the answers that Kirks family and I need. Obviously I would ask for your tact regarding the pain that we are all going through at the present.

I can be contacted on 616 147 420 or pm lesley marie wade on facebook.