Yellow alert for calima

Started by Janet, Mon 4 Feb 2013, 16:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

It's going to be a dusty couple of days. We get a fair few calimas here but they don't often trigger yellow alerts. One that's arriving this afternoon and evening, however, has done so. The alert presently lasts today and tomorrow. Concentrations of dust in the air could exceed 500 g/m3 throughout the archipelago, with visibility reduced to 3km. There is an animated graphic HERE courtesy of www.bsc.es (Barcelona Supercomputing Centre). If anyone has breathing problems, be prepared, and if anyone gets into respiratory difficulties, do seek medical advice. JA

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Geez I love calimas at this time of year, and this is the third one we've had.  Keeps it nice and toasty.

Guanche

Well we have the dust but where's the heat! It's bloody freezing up here. I's blocked out the sun all day and the mountains are about to disappear.

Janet

Ditto! We have the fire alight!!  ::)

Nova

The air is thick with it down here!  I can't see Westhaven Bay and there's no chance in hell of seeing the mountain!  Even El Fraile is sitting behind a thick veil :(
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

We can't see La Gomera but if it's warm tomorrow, so be it.

Delderek

Quote from: Nova on Mon  4 Feb 2013, 19:12
The air is thick with it down here!  I can't see Westhaven Bay and there's no chance in hell of seeing the mountain! Even El Fraile is sitting behind a thick veil :(

Maybe that's a good thing :whistle:

Janet

anyone who thinks it's worse at low altitude? you're right ...

Janet

how's it feeling today down on the coast??

It's gone very cloudy and misty up here, though we were only on the top edge of it anyway, so wasn't so bad. But now it's cool, and there's mist rolling up the barranco ...

poker

The air is better , no more exesive dust like yesterday but we still have only a weak sun and some wind .
Went out this morning with jumper and could use it , its still not to hot now its kinda like a wet feeling in the air .