News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Public outrage and lifeguard despair over 6 months of unpaid wages in Arona

Started by Janet, Thu 31 Jan 2013, 00:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Michael

Quote from: Janet on Mon  1 Apr 2013, 11:30
she does every one, I think ...

Hope so. I'm getting an error message on the live thingee.  :undecided:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

yeah, me too ...

go HERE, and click the player top right .... see if that works. Now thought to be speaking to me towards the end of the programme, so around 20 past 1.

Also dealing with El Hierro, interviews with people there.

Michael

Quote from: Janet on Mon  1 Apr 2013, 12:44
yeah, me too ...

go HERE, and click the player top right .... see if that works. Now thought to be speaking to me towards the end of the programme, so around 20 past 1.

Also dealing with El Hierro, interviews with people there.

Got it. Thanks.  :tiphat:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

The fourth mediation meeting took place this morning and I wish I could post something positive but I cannot. Despite Trabajo criticising the lack of coordination in the municipality, and putting various options on the table, the local authority dismissed them all as not viable.  Both Trabajo and municipality are to make further submissions within ten days ... and meanwhile the lifeguards are left high and dry. In a further sinister turn, it seems that Arona Policía Local are to report on whether the municipal police can take over the service, those of them with lifesaving qualifications, of course. Where that would leave the lifeguards does not take much imagination. It doesn't take too much imagination, either, to wonder where that leaves the public who use the beaches and whose lives are at risk in the sea.

Meanwhile, Marjan from Balú Bar-restaurant in San Telmo, Los Cristianos, is arranging for customers to drop off food at the bar to be handed over to the lifeguards, and to Sebastian the Dog, on Saturday 13 April. Marjan says that after the hand over, the lifeguards and their families are invited to a free meal and drinks at Balú Bar. There is some human kindness after all, even if it's apparently not to be found in the Ayuntamiento. JA

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Still cannot fathom how this can be allowed to go on like this.  You'd think at the very least the kids of those councillors would be asking Mommy and Daddy what was going on and why.  Surely there is no one in the area unaware of the situation. 

Michael

Has anyone thought of taking these bastards to the European Court Of Human Rights?

NAH

Quote from: Janet on Mon  1 Apr 2013, 10:48
If all goes well, I will be on Radio Sur Adeje (click HERE to listen online) in the English slot between 1 and 1.30 talking to Clio O'Flynn about the lifeguards situation.  :tiphat:

Did it happen? There's no sign of it being posted on here or your site  :017:
Never ride faster than your angel can fly.

Janet

Yes, it did, and I'm on a promise from Clio that I'll get told when it's recorded and uploaded. As soon as I have a link, I'll post it, and if Nova is willing, she might be able to do the same as last time, and just clip the bit that's me speaking about the lifeguards.

I don't know what their thoughts are about taking this further, really. I imagine the problem will be finding a lawyer who'd take their case up without requiring much of a fee. At the moment, they're still in "mediation" ... for all the bloody good that's doing.