News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Public outrage and lifeguard despair over 6 months of unpaid wages in Arona

Started by Janet, Thu 31 Jan 2013, 00:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Thanks for that. I've 'liked' one and sent a 'friend request' to the other.

As one who is so far away, I feel for those people and feel so powerless to help.
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

As I posted previously, Veronica took it upon herself to contact the Dept of Employment, not least because the lifeguards were being required to provide a minimum service even when there was no apparent desire to negotiate on the part of Arona Ayuntamiento – it is the assumption of such goodwill that underpins the requirement for minimum services, with the idea that an agreement will be reached quickly. The Dirección Grl.de Trabajo replied to Veronica in some surprise, because the Ayuntamiento had seemingly not once brought the dispute to their attention.

Veronica was requested to go to Santa Cruz yesterday to see Dept of Employment officials, and she says that she got a very good feeling from the meeting, not least the feeling that there was actually someone in authority who had an interest in the case and in offering a bit of protection.  The Dept has said that it wishes to mediate between the lifeguards and Arona Ayuntamiento, and above is a copy of the "invitation" to a mediation meeting set for next Tuesday. This particular photo is of the letter to Sport & Salvament, but the Ayuntamiento and lifeguards are also called to attend. As Veronica says, only time will tell whether they will do so, but they will not do their cause any good if they boycott a meeting called by the national Government's own Department of Employment. Some progress has been made, and it is Veronica herself who has made it.

Janet

Could people just click HERE and tell me what you see?? Please ? :)

(It should be a paypal account for the lifeguards ... )

Janet

Good. Can anyone who actually uses paypal tell me if this is the link she needs to put on FB, and which I can myself put on my own website for people to donate??

Nova

If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

Veronica has been strongly encouraged by many British visitors and residents to set up a paypal account for donations for the lifeguard cause. She has now done so, and the link is HERE: I hope it works – I'm not a paypal user. I would just like to stress that this is not something she has taken an initiative on, but is reacting to many suggestions and requests from those who wish to help. She says that all monies will go towards their cause. JA

Nova

Now that link doesn't work because it has a session related to it.

Try THIS ONE.  You need to correct the link on your website too.  The first link you posted is good but the second one isn't.
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial