News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Public outrage and lifeguard despair over 6 months of unpaid wages in Arona

Started by Janet, Thu 31 Jan 2013, 00:49

Previous topic - Next topic

El Profesor

Quote from: Guanche on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 17:56
I've just sent a 'I've got a story' to our favourite news paper!!!!
To which newspaper are we referring here?

Janet

El Profesor

Quote from: Janet on Fri  1 Feb 2013, 14:39
I was taking it for the Daily Mail ...  :undecided:
God I hope not.
Just the sort of story where  there is scope for them completely misinterpret the perspective of the wrong end of the stick and blow it out of all proportion.
And they might well run with it simply because it is a well known tourist resort.
Don't take your kids there ..... they will die.
More than a little counterproductive...

I am sure the gentleman is referring to some Spanish publication where there is at least a chance of the exposure having positive repercussions.

Guanche

Yes I sent it to the Daily Mail with the full knowledge if it's inaccurate and hate filled sensationalism. The reason? firstly for the support of the Spanish life guards who deserve better, and secondly the beaches are unsafe and people should be told about it. I doubt very much that there would be any counterproductively as most people will have booked their holidays months ago and so will be coming anyway. But more importantly It might spur some corrupt politician or civil servant to get of their arses and do something about it!

Or should we just wring our hands and do nothing? :undecided:

El Profesor

I doubt it very much.

Can I ask you which Spanish papers you have informed?

Guanche

Quote from: El Profesor on Fri  1 Feb 2013, 16:12
I doubt it very much.

Can I ask you which Spanish papers you have informed?

Yes, I doubt it very much as well. But if one doesn't try one will never know.

Unfortunately my Spanish is not as proficient as it probably should be. So I will leave you to inform the Spanish press :tiphat:

Having thought about it I see no point in telling the Spanish press Firstly they should already know about it and secondly the political elite don't give a rats arse about the Spanish people so any news report would be a waste of print. Better my way, they earn money from UK tourists. Hit them where it hurts. They only take notice of money!

Janet

There is now a petition to sign urging Arona council to get these lifeguards paid. It is HERE. It's only in Spanish, I'm afraid, but all that's needed is for you to enter your first name, then your surname, then your email address. There is room for a comment but that's optional. Then click to sign.

Nova

If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Michael

I can't make head nor tail of it but I think I signed.  :undecided:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin: