News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Some telephone company

Started by Myrtle Hogan-Lance, Wed 23 Jan 2013, 17:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Has anybody else been getting unsolicited calls from some telephone company whose name I have yet to get, who know your name and what services you have from Telefonica, who want to novate your line to their company?  (Novation is taking over the billing for your line, nothing to do with Nova.  Or Lorraine.)

I've had two calls from them.  The first one had me totally confused and as I kept saying sí in a suspicious way, the woman finally hung up on me.  I managed to get more from the second conversation but was totally confused as to how they had all the information on me and why they were bothering me.  Their line goes along the lines of, the economy is terrible and a lot of Canarian families want to save money, so we will switch your line/ADSL/mobile for the low low price of xx.xx/month and take over your billing.  Finally I caught on to the scam and said absolutely not, I don't want to do anything.  (Having worked for a gigantic bankrupt telecoms firm finally came in handy.) 

God I wish I could make these people go away.

Nova

So what's the "scam"?  :undecided:

Apart from using my name without paying me royalties  :poke:  :D
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Sorry but it's a standard telecoms term!

I regard it as a scam because I don't trust anyone who phones me up and has load of information on me and wants to do something as crucial as take over my telephone without so much as a by-your-leave.  Folks in the UK have had endless problems because of people showing up on the doorstep and changing over their electricity and gas and I regard them in the same vein.

NAH

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 17:27
....Having worked for a gigantic bankrupt telecoms firm....

I wouldn't work for any firm that was bankrupt  :D
Never ride faster than your angel can fly.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Quote from: NAH on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 19:11
I wouldn't work for any firm that was bankrupt  :D

That's why I took voluntary redundancy!  At least Bernie's still in jail. 

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

So some telephone company is still phoning me, almost daily.  Now I'm getting a bit enfadada (hacked off) with them.  When challenging them on the last two calls as to why they won't stop calling me, one said "Well this is the first time I've called you" and today the feeble excuse was "To save you money".  That one hung up on me when I launched into a tirade. 

Is is possible to contact Movistar about telephone harrassment?

Michael

Try keeping a whistle by the phone.  :whistle:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

It should be possible to get Movistar to block those numbers from calling you ...

God I hate that. :scowl:

Guanche

All I do is pick up the phone and rest it on the table, just leave it there for a while. I read once that they cannot cut the line while your receiver is still off the hook, so it ties one of their phone lines up.. Not sure if that's right. When doing this before the line has still been open even if I have waited 5 min. :tiphat:

Delderek

Answer it like this using a Pakistani accent.

Helo plees, how many rupees, does give me free talk Mosque in Karachi, and cousins in Canada. NO, oh godness gracious, no please. :whistle:  It works very well in UK, and can be very funny.