Optical¡a Európtica Playa San Juan

Started by Myrtle Hogan-Lance, Wed 23 Jan 2013, 17:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

We had booked appointments for eye exams yesterday, naturally expecting the worst - the hard sell and all that goes with it.  OH couldn't believe I didn't ask how much it would cost (I figured it would cost as much as it cost). 

FYI I have distance glasses, distance sunglasses, and reading glasses.  OH has distance glasses. 

The people were very friendly so it started well.  I was in the chair first and nearly fell out of it when the woman said that really, my eyes had hardly changed in terms of my distance vision, so there was no compelling reason to get new glasses.  Then she did the close vision test, which hadn't changed, so she said there was no reason to get new glasses and we could see how my eyes were in 6 months or a year.  Wow.

OH was next.  Turns out his left eye is the same, but his right eye has improved.  She recommended replacing the right lens.  As there was not enough sunlight to figure out what colour his photochrome lenses turned, she said come back tomorrow and we'll sort it out. 

We went back today and ordered one lense for OH (98€) and a new pair of sunglasses for me since mine are so scratched I can barely see out of them.  They were 149€ which dropped down to 134€ with my 10% discount.  What? 

So I said we would pay the deposit on the lens and glasses and pay for the exams in full.  No, she said, since you have ordered glasses the fee for exams, which are normally 25€ each, is waived.  What? 

I was really worried about this appointment given experiences with chain optometrists in the UK, not to mention the 900€ glasses Poker's relative from Belgium bought (because they were cheaper than in Belgium).  But it turned out to be a very pleasant experience! 

Glasses and lens should be in early next week.

Janet

That's really useful info, Myrtle.  :thanx:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Just back from picking up glasses and the new lens.  Actually, my glasses were ready at the end of last week but they waited to get in touch until the lens came in so we didn't have to make two trips.

My glasses are awesome - I CAN SEE!!!!!!

OH's new lens seems just fine.

They were very helpful and fitted both our glasses and said don't hesitate to come in if you need any adjustments etc.  Also, they gave us a print out of the factura and the prescriptions.  Hallelujah.  I have had too many hand-written prescriptions I could not decipher in the UK so this is a bonus.  Plus the actual inter-pupil measurement is recorded.  This is good in case we want to order spare pairs off SelectSpecs.com. 

We are very satisfied and I expect to go back to them when the time comes.

:cool2: