News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Canaries news stories of the year

Started by Janet, Tue 18 Dec 2012, 18:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

I might be on the radio on Thursday for a news of the year round-up, so wondered if there were any stories that stuck out for those who follow the news in the Canaries ...

Anything particular jump to mind?

Guanche

I would think the most note worthy must be the El Hierro eruption. It had the possibility to be a world story. Thankfully is wasn't..... but theres still the 23rd :kc024:

For me it isn't a story that's in the news, but one that hasn't been in the news. The almost complete absence of boat people.

I am trying to think of good news, but I can't! there must be some?

Janet

actually those are two brilliant ones, G! Thank you  :clap:

Perikles

So absence of boat people and absence of volcanic eruptions? How about absence of employment as well?

Nova

And absence of British Consul  :-X

Sorry Janet, I'm trying to find some nice happy ones but I'm struggling.  Rosie is definitely the happiest news that you've reported this year  :D
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Nova

Ok, I've found an upbeat one!  Callao Salvaje beach was finished!  :great:

The news story of greatest impact must have been the fires.....
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Guanche

Quote from: Perikles on Tue 18 Dec 2012, 20:06
So absence of boat people and absence of volcanic eruptions? How about absence of employment as well?

Was trying to keep it up beat P. Your right of course but it's not just a Canarian news item, it's the whole of Spain ;)

There were the fires but I think they have been worse in previous years and to be fair they are a natural consequence of the forests.

There is the start of the redevelopment of the Santa Cruz sea front. I have no doubt it will look fantastic when done. But there again will it just be a typical Spanish prestige development that fails to draw new outside investment and cost a fortune?

Despite the crisis the tourist figures seem to be going up. Thats good news.

I am trying Honest :toothygrin:

Janet

excellent you lot!!  :clap:

keep going ... :D

Perikles

Is there a news item that a local politician has been found to be honest and working for the good of the community instead of his/her personal gain? That would be serious news.

Delderek

British Airways coming back to the Island, to help with the 5* tourist image. :whistle: