BA to fly Gatwick to TFS from March 2013

Started by Janet, Wed 7 Nov 2012, 12:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Excellent news for travellers has come out of the World Travel Market in London, where the Canaries has a stand. British Airways will be flying from Gatwick to TFS as of 31 March next year, offering five flights a week, with some 30 business class seats available on each flight, a move intended to offer an incentive to the upmarket traveller that the Tenerife tourism authorities want so badly.

Carlos Alonso Rodríguez, Tenerife Cabildo Vice President, said that Tenerife had spent years trying to get business class included in the flight offer, rather than the low cost and charter end of the market. The agreement with BA is the result, it seems of negotiations that have been carried on for some time by the island Cabildo and the Canarian Government's tourism department. JA

Delderek

BA starts flights to the Canary Islands

British Airways is to start flights from Gatwick to Tenerife and Lanzarote from summer 2013.

Agents have been told that flights are already on sale through the BA website.

The airline last flew to Lanzarote and Tenerife in March 2008, which were operated by its former franchise carrier GB Airways from Gatwick.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Nova

It's great news Del.  I flew over here with BA in 2007.  It would be great if they could add Manchester too  :tiphat:

I hope you don't mind if I merge this thread with the one Janet started earlier  ;)
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

The first Gatwick-TFS British Airways flight has sold out, says vicepresidente económico y consejero de Turismo del Cabildo, Carlos Alonso, who confirmed that this was true for business class as well. Sr Alonso said that the fact the flight had sold out a full fortnight in advance showed clearly how welcome these flights are, and that the route would be a great success, not least among the 4- and 5-star British market with high-spending power.

The first flight will leave Gatwick at 7.10am on 29 March. Among the passengers will be presidente del Cabildo Ricardo Melchior and Cabildo tourism minister Miguel Angel Santos. To promote the flights further, Turismo de Tenerife has reached agreement with BA for a series of promotions in the most popular British media. JA

Delderek

Quote from: Janet on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 16:13
The first Gatwick-TFS British Airways flight has sold out, says vicepresidente económico y consejero de Turismo del Cabildo, Carlos Alonso, who confirmed that this was true for business class as well. Sr Alonso said that the fact the flight had sold out a full fortnight in advance showed clearly how welcome these flights are, and that the route would be a great success, not least among the 4- and 5-star British market with high-spending power.

The first flight will leave Gatwick at 7.10am on 29 March. Among the passengers will be presidente del Cabildo Ricardo Melchior and Cabildo tourism minister Miguel Angel Santos. To promote the flights further, Turismo de Tenerife has reached agreement with BA for a series of promotions in the most popular British media. JA

I think its more to do with the very cheap prices on offer to launch the service. That has now changed dramatically, and the prices bring tears to your eyes. :-[

Michael

Quote from: Delderek on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 22:11
I think its more to do with the very cheap prices on offer to launch the service. That has now changed dramatically, and the prices bring tears to your eyes. :-[

As does the cost of flights from Belfast.  ::)
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin: