News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Flies ....

Started by Janet, Thu 25 Oct 2012, 13:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

has anyone else got hordes of the bloody things at the moment? We rarely see any, thankfully, but at the moment there are swarms of the damn things.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Yes and they're damned annoying.  We are looking to buy one of those electric bug zappers. 

Yesterday to my astonishment, we had a hornet flying around in the courtyard.  I've never seen one here.  It was about the size of an Egyptian hornet like they get in Greece - huge.

poker

Did they give manuere to the bananaplantaitions arround you?
Thats were the most come from .

Janet

no banana plantations up here, P.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Although there is supposed to be a dutch-owned banana plantation in our town, which we never heard of.  One day we got stopped on the street by some dutch tourists looking for it; it was recommended in a guidebook.  But we have never found it.

Michael

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Thu 25 Oct 2012, 17:18
Although there is supposed to be a dutch-owned banana plantation in our town, which we never heard of.  One day we got stopped on the street by some dutch tourists looking for it; it was recommended in a guidebook.  But we have never found it.

Not the sort of thing you'd miss.  :rofl:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

El Profesor

It's the rain wot done it.
All the supermarkets have run out of fly spray.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

One of my classmates arrived in class today with flyswatter in hand.  Later on I was shopping and saw a woman coming out of a store with one thing:  a flyswatter.  Guess the replacement stocks of fly spray haven't arrived.

Janet

How do the buggers just know what a fly swat is? I was being plagued by two earlier, buzzing around my head, on my hands, but they evaporated the minute I picked the fly swat up! And this seems normal. They always disappear when it makes an appearance!  :017:

poker

They are called smartflies and have evolved to not be swatted by youre fly swat . ;D:))