News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

El Hierro eruption

Started by aspasia, Sat 3 Mar 2012, 18:10

Previous topic - Next topic

aspasia

And now the jacuzzi is back, spotted last evening by an emergency Search and Rescue helicopter. It is some 180m from the coast - Pevolca gives coordinates 27º 4.573 North and 18º03.761 West, and issuing a white mark which is still being analysed. The helicopter should be flying over the scene again as I type (11.30am), equipped with a thermic camera to see if it is an eruptive focal point.   JA

aspasia

The GES helicopter flew over the area this morning and scientists from Involcan, with a thermal camera, and from IGN, say they have not observed anomalous parameters in the region where the jacuzzi reappeared yesterday. They say this means there are no significant changes in the active magmatic process, though they will be carrying out continuous analysis. JA

Perikles

Quote from: Janet on Wed  4 Jul 2012, 16:36, say they have not observed anomalous parameters in the region where the jacuzzi reappeared yesterday.

I can imagine what they actually said was "Coño, no veo nada de nada, joder" or something of that ilk.  :rofl:

Janet

After a relatively quiet few days, another earthquake cluster started around 9.30 this morning. Several have been felt by the public, and one, still to be finally calibrated by IGN, is thought to be in the region of Richter 4. The deformation is now 10cm. JA

Perikles

Quote from: Janet on Sun  8 Jul 2012, 13:56. The deformation is now 10m.
OMG We're all going to die  :closet:

Perikles

oh - ok, we're not.  :poke:

Nova

Quote from: Perikles on Sun  8 Jul 2012, 15:41
oh - ok, we're not.  :poke:

You'll look silly now if we do all die  :P
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Phil

His original statement is factually correct.  :tiphat:

For what shall it profit a man, to gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul?

Janet

"It could carry on like this for a year, it could disappear completely, or we could have an eruption". That's the expert view in a situation where all possibilities remain open two weeks after a new magmatic intrusion resurrected seismic activity in El Hierro, a period in which more than 300 earthquakes have been strong enough to be felt by the public. The current situation seems to be periods of calm punctuated every day or so by one or two clusters of strong tremors. JA

Nova

In other words they know stuff all  :whistle:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial