Deyan Deyanov - trial of killer of Jennifer Mills-Westley

Started by aspasia, Sat 3 Mar 2012, 18:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

There's an update on the trial in the Guardian HERE (the Mail has copied and unnecessarily sensationalised it). Today, one British couple who were eye wtinesses gave evidence via video link from the UK, and while one police officer was giving evidence, Deyanov jumped to his feet shouting "I am Jesus Christ" in Bulgarian. On the trial's first day he told the court that he heard voices that told him he was an "angel of Jesus Christ" who would create a new Jerusalem.

Perikles

Quote from: Janet on Wed 20 Feb 2013, 16:52(the Mail has copied and unnecessarily sensationalised it).

Since when was any sensationalisation of anything necessary?  :poke:  :hug:

Michael

Quote from: Perikles on Wed 20 Feb 2013, 17:48
Since when was any sensationalisation of anything necessary?  :poke:  :hug:

When it's to sell newspapers.  ::)
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Perikles

Quote from: Michael on Wed 20 Feb 2013, 18:01
When it's to sell newspapers.  ::)

I meant necessary in the sense of necessary to enlightenment, not entertainment.  :gonnagetit:

Janet

The trial has concluded and the jury has retired to consider its verdict.  When asked if he wanted to say anything as the hearing ended he said "Yes, I am Jesus Christ". Update as soon as possible.

Janet

Deyan Deyanov has been found guilty of murdering Jennifer Mills-Westley.

Nova

I don't think there was ever much doubt of the verdict if the case went ahead, but when will we know his sentence?
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

not sure, I'm afraid, but iy will very likely be between 15 and 20 years in a high security psychiatric prison, which is what the defence and prosecution have respectively asked for.

Michael

Quote from: Janet on Fri 22 Feb 2013, 17:52
not sure, I'm afraid, but iy will very likely be between 15 and 20 years in a high security psychiatric prison, which is what the defence and prosecution have respectively asked for.

Christ, is that all?  :undecided: Imagine having that loon living next door to you in 15 years time.  ::)
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin: