Humourous cross cultural experiences thread

Started by Myrtle Hogan-Lance, Wed 10 Oct 2012, 14:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Had a great cross cultural experience today in Mercadona.  There was a sign saying it is closed on the 15th so I asked the girl at the till why, and she replied that it is an Adeje holiday.  I remarked that the Oktoberfest was on at the same time, so she asked me if it was really a beer festival, incredulous at the idea that there could be a festival devoted to drinking beer.  So I assured her it was a lot of fun and that there would be German bands and so forth.  It seems members of the Mercadona crew are going to give it a try on Monday so I am glad not to be shopping next Tuesday.

:beer3:

Perikles

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 14:18There was a sign saying it is closed on the 15th so I asked the girl at the till why, and she replied that it is an Adeje holiday.

That's a bit insular isn't it? Adeje and the whole of Spain too.

Nova

Quote from: Perikles on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 15:47
That's a bit insular isn't it? Adeje and the whole of Spain too.

No, the 15th is just Adeje.  The national holiday is on the 12th - you should know that  ;)
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Perikles

Quote from: Nova on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 15:54
No, the 15th is just Adeje.  The national holiday is on the 12th - you should know that  ;)

Yes I do know that. I misread the post and thought it said 12th. Mea culpa  :closet: