News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Santiago del Teide Almond Blossom Route

Started by Janet, Wed 17 Jan 2018, 15:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Santiago del Teide Ayuntamiento has announced that this year's Almendros en Flor will be a much bigger affair than usual. Now in its 21st year, the Almond Blossom Route, which starts on Friday next week, will offer a range of walks and activities, and be organized in collaboration with various council departments and the Cabildo itself. There will be family walks, walks "without boundaries", gastronomic and touristic walks, as well as a Ruta Lovers and Ruta of Legends! The council has released six posters showing all the walks: click HERE for the first one and then scroll through them.

Registration is now open for all these walks, and the council says that there will be the usual nominal €5 fee in an attempt to manage the logistics and control numbers. Registration is on the website www.elcardon.com, with more information available by calling 922 863 127 ext 234. These walks are always hugely popular because it's a stunning environment in the hills when the almond blossom is blooming, and the scent is unbelievable. As always, walkers are advised to wear comfortable clothing and shoes, and to bring water, sun protection, and a walking stick or pole.

Finally, again as in previous years, there will be a photo competition, the details of which are HERE. (For live links please click HERE).
One must have sunshine, freedom and flowers. Hans Christian Andersen

Marion

I can only see one poster, detailing 4 events, with nothing about the "without barriers" route.
"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well."

- Diane Ackerman

Janet

when you see the poster, can you see an arrow halfway up the right side? that should let you scroll through the gallery the council's uploaded to FB.

Marion

It's probably because I'm on my iPhone but I can only see the first page.

Your "here " in the above post doesn't seem to work, but I tried through your website.
"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well."

- Diane Ackerman

Michael

Yes the 'click HERE for the first one ' isn't working.  :03:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

Quote from: Michael on Wed 17 Jan 2018, 19:07
Yes the 'click HERE for the first one ' isn't working.  :03:

can you specify please? is this on my website or here on the forum? what do you mean by "isn't working"?

@Myrtle Hogan-Lance can you click on the link FROM MY WEBSITE to the post the council made on Facebook? See if you can see them? They've only posted this on FB so it has to work ...

:banghead:

Michael

Quote from: Janet on Wed 17 Jan 2018, 19:28
can you specify please? is this on my website or here on the forum? what do you mean by "isn't working"?

From the post above, as in there's no link.  :017:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

... which is why the post ends with "For live links please click HERE)." The actual links are on my website ... it's a simple click through to it.

It's easier for me to post one link than several, hoping that people won't find it too onerous actually to click through to my actual website.

:tiphat:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Quote from: Janet on Wed 17 Jan 2018, 19:28

@Myrtle Hogan-Lance can you click on the link FROM MY WEBSITE to the post the council made on Facebook? See if you can see them? They've only posted this on FB so it has to work ...

:banghead:

Yes I can click through to FB from your site, no problem. 

FYI the elcardon site doesn't have the walks listed as an option.  Yet.  Perhaps soon!

Janet

I know, it's like the Las Galletas marathon. The council says walks can be registered for now, and only through the website, and then there's nothing on the website ...

I just report, thankfully the organizational cockups are not my problem!

But thank you for confirming you can see all the posters!!