News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

El Hierro

Started by Hepa, Mon 3 Sep 2018, 19:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepa

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Love it; recognise a lot.  Can't wait to go back.

Hepa

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Great photos.  I spotted the Parador in the background in the photo of the roque Bonanza.  That's where I stayed.

I can't remember the name of it but at the top of the hill from the Parador there's a little village.  We made the mistake of deciding to hike up to it one day.  And then back down.  That's where we met a Scotsman who'd been living there for about 7 years and was having trouble remembering English.  As we slugged back some beer, we told him about the congestion charge in London and he nearly fell off his chair.  He'd never heard of such a concept.  Then we relayed how Italy had beaten Scotland at Murrayfield; he was astounded.  We told him one or two other facts of life back in civilisation he was amazed at too.  Great trip.

Hepa

There are two footpaths one leads to Las Casas and El Pinar, but the other and most likely to Isora. I used to do quite a lot of walking, but none these days, ankles are in need of repair. I know the Scots fellow, met him once, he is a bit Hippyfied

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

I checked @Hepa and it was in 2007.  He was TOTALLY hippyfied.  At that time, he was supposed to be emigrating to Australia where his sister (I think) lived.  He was one of the volunteer fireman. 

So, same guy do you think?  And did he go or stay?

Hepa

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Wed  5 Sep 2018, 22:07
I checked @Hepa and it was in 2007.  He was TOTALLY hippyfied.  At that time, he was supposed to be emigrating to Australia where his sister (I think) lived.  He was one of the volunteer fireman. 

So, same guy do you think?  And did he go or stay?

It is some years since we saw him, he was fitting a freezer in a bar in Valverde, haven't seen him since.