ChalkCat uses cookies in order to function correctly.
To find out more about these cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept cookies from ChalkCat click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Receiving packages from postoffice .

Offline poker

Receiving packages from postoffice .
« on: Fri 9 Nov 2012, 15:28 »
We reguraly have packages coming in and out and never had to mutch troubble untill this week.

We had a big package coming from amazon . Took it from the post oficce sayd lets have a cofee before going home .

The wife could not wayt opened the package while having our cofee.

The package contained only 1itam instead of 7 .
Directly back to postoficce of course heard you opended it,  we did not see anything wrong,  the package you got was closed . . .  . . like we were the thieves . . .

After some discussion they aceppted to make a claimsform to admit the package weight was only 400 and not 2 kg  like the pack noted on the custums form .

Then we saw how they tamperd with the package , the original clear sticky tape was cut at bottem and new smaller one was taped nearly invisable over it .

We send the claimsform from correos with explaination to Amazon and they are sending us the stuff free again.

WHEN GETTING PACKAGES.

- Look at weigt on package ( weight is on the cn22 customs form )  and let them weigh it again in the post directly when receiving it to cheq if the weight is correct .

- If its a smaller package directly open it in the postoficce .
Even in front of them if possible , or sertainly before leaving the oficce .

- Always ask directly for a complaints form if something is missing.

- Do not give in , they try anything to not be blaimed and not have to make a complaintsform .

Its crisis they know Amazon will repay you if you miss stuff and are trying to steal .
As probably a lot do not complain like we did , as you need to speak good spanish . 
They know a lot is coming and orderd from British peaple (and other foreigners) for Christmas and newyear.

Watch out and cheq youre packages immediatly .

Offline Myrtle Hogan-Lance

• Forum Turtle
« Reply #1 on: Fri 9 Nov 2012, 17:10 »
Guess what Poker, we had the EXACT SAME PROBLEM this week with a package from Amazon.  We have a satellite post office in our town, and by chance I had gone in to post a letter on Monday.  She said she would be coming around with a package later, which she wanted us to look at, because it weighed less than what it said on the label.  She said if something was missing we should go up to the main post office.  We opened it and it contained one of two items.  The missing thing was a pair of men's sandals. 

OH got in touch with Amazon and sure enough they posted a new pair. 

We went to the main post office on Wednesday and the guy who runs the place was there.  He was surly and rude and said that they resealed the package because it was opened somehow.  The package weighed 668 grams, whereas the Amazon weight was 2kg.  He insisted they had weighed it when it came in and it weighed 2kg - the opposite of what the postwoman told me. He shrugged and said that Amazon should insure their packages. 

Somebody is clearly lying, and methinks it is the man in the post office, and that he or one of his relatives has a brand new pair of sandals.

It is concerning if this is becoming commonplace as Amazon may decide to quit shipping to us. 
« Last Edit: Fri 9 Nov 2012, 17:12 by Myrtle Hogan-Lance »

Offline Nova

• Forum Geek
  • Say something nice!
« Reply #2 on: Fri 9 Nov 2012, 17:17 »
Meanwhile I'm waiting for an Amazon.es package from the mainland which I ordered Monday of last week and was estimated to be delivered Wednesday of this week  :undecided:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Offline poker

Re: Receiving packages from postoffice .
« Reply #3 on: Fri 9 Nov 2012, 19:13 »
You have to wayt for their estimated time of arrival to expire ( and a few days more they say (not)) before you can complain and ask , where is my stuff . >:(

Anyway they already sent part of my order again now .

Offline Nova

• Forum Geek
  • Say something nice!
« Reply #4 on: Tue 13 Nov 2012, 16:55 »
My package still hasn't arrived.  It was posted on 31st October from the mainland with a company called SEUR but my order sent notification explicitly states that there is no tracking number associated with my package.  Delivery was estimated between 3rd and 7th November and expected by the 7th.  That was last Wednesday.

If it doesn't come tomorrow I will contact the vendor (3rd party via Amazon.es) but does anyone have any experience with SEUR?  Is it like a courier service that will bring it separately from the normal mail?

—————

Offline poker

Re: Receiving packages from postoffice .
« Reply #5 on: Tue 13 Nov 2012, 17:17 »
Tomorrow is general strike!
Think you have to wayt till Thursday.   ;D

Offline Nova

• Forum Geek
  • Say something nice!
« Reply #6 on: Tue 13 Nov 2012, 17:18 »
Oh damn, I'd forgotten about the strike  :banghead:

I just want my parcel  :03:

—————

• Forum Turtle
« Reply #7 on: Tue 13 Nov 2012, 17:41 »
Forgot to post that I had a chat with our postwoman when she delivered the replacement sandals from Amazon yesterday.  I told her about the experience at the main post office, and she said without prompting that what she delivered weighed about 600g.  In fact she was the one who insisted on the note being placed on the box because it had been opened.  I told her someone was lying and that it wasn't her.  Anyway I confirmed for her the guy we dealt with in the main office.  She thought maybe the theft had occurred in Santa Cruz and that the guy got the weight wrong, which I have to concede is a possibility.   

I am getting ready to place a big Amazon order, albeit with trepidation. 

Nova, I don't want to worry you but someday over a very large glass of wine or two I will fill you in on my experience of third party sellers on Amazon.  The summary:  Amazon are not interested when something goes wrong, and the third party sellers are a rum bunch.  I will no longer buy from them.  My last experience was so bad I did not give Amazon any custom for a good 6 months. 

:winecheers:

• Forum Turtle
« Reply #8 on: Thu 6 Dec 2012, 11:52 »
We've just been looking at the amazon.es page and they quote all kinds of charges which may be applicable for us in the Canaries.

Nova did you get hit up when you got your delivery?

Given the information on their page, why would I ever order from them when Amazon.co.uk not only takes off all VAT and ships to me for free, and 99% of the time the packages do not attract the interest of customs? 

Offline Nova

• Forum Geek
  • Say something nice!
« Reply #9 on: Thu 6 Dec 2012, 12:07 »
I wanted an Apple TV but none of the Amazon UK sellers would ship to Canaries, so I ordered from Amazon.es.  The first .es seller I tried refunded my card the next day saying "Sorry, we don't ship to Canaries".  The second one I tried shipped it, and that's the one I posted about in this thread, but when two weeks after the expected delivery date I still hadn't received it, I contacted the seller and they refunded me immediately with no discussion and no explanation.

Only then did I jump in my car and drive to Maya in Las Americas  :-[ where I picked one up sobre la marcha for €20 less than anyone on Amazon was selling it for!

You're right, I would always buy from Amazon UK first, but in future I must remember Maya too  :D

—————