News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Is that an oil rig I see?

Started by Nova, Thu 6 Mar 2014, 22:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

This is bizarre! Maybe Perikles was right ... that it's just to do with the carnaval! :D

Perikles

Quote from: Janet on Sat  8 Mar 2014, 18:02
This is bizarre! Maybe Perikles was right ... that it's just to do with the carnaval! :D

It's just a carnaval float, actually floating. That way, it is unlikely to burst into flames. Safety precautions.  :tiphat:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Here is a picture of the oil rig being towed in circles by the Pacific Champion.  There is a little white dot just below the rig to the right, which is a sail boat, and seen through binoculars gives a good appreciation of the size of the rig.

[attachimg=1]

If you go to Marine Traffic and click on the turquoise ship off the southwest coast, heading approximately 255 degrees, then click on "show vessel's track" you can see it's just going in circles. 

Not that this explains any of the mystery!

Janet

:D I've just emailed you the track ...  here it is more clearly. What is it doing, it's been following this track for days now!

[attachimg=1]

Michael

Maybe someone has lost the anchor?  :giggle:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

lost the plot, more like ...  ::)

poker

Seems the Maroccan gouverment with Cairn energy and Genel found finaly oil this week , 100 km from Fuertaventura ........

HERE

HERE

Perikles

Quote from: poker on Sun  9 Mar 2014, 18:24
Seems the Maroccan gouverment with Cairn energy and Genel found finaly oil this week , 100 km from Fuertaventura ........

I don't see the connection

poker

Quote from: Periklēs on Sun  9 Mar 2014, 18:36
I don't see the connection

Must be they are seartching for a drinkable waterwell under the sea than here .

minesadorada

Here's my pic from this morning a it sailed(sic) by..