Spain To Allow UK Visitors From 24th May

Started by NAH, Fri 21 May 2021, 11:28

Previous topic - Next topic

NAH

Looks like Spain is to permit UK visitors from 24th May (we just wait to see how the Canary Islands reacts to this and what requirements / restrictions they put in place)

Source: BOE
Never ride faster than your angel can fly.

TOTO 99

Quote from: NAH on Fri 21 May 2021, 11:28
Looks like Spain is to permit UK visitors from 24th May (we just wait to see how the Canary Islands reacts to this and what requirements / restrictions they put in place)

Source: BOE

Great.... We can't go anyway, unless we fancy the quarantine when we get home..   :tiphat:

Malteser Monkey

Quote from: TOTO 99 on Fri 21 May 2021, 11:34
Great.... We can't go anyway, unless we fancy the quarantine when we get home..   :tiphat:

Yes they were saying something on the radio about that.

Also are the hotels open, staffed and ready for tourists. Surely Shirley this takes some organising ?

But there's hope and light .......

TOTO 99

Quote from: Malteser Monkey on Fri 21 May 2021, 11:37
Yes they were saying something on the radio about that.

Also are the hotels open, staffed and ready for tourists. Surely Shirley this takes some organising ?

But there's hope and light .......

To be honest I can see Spain moving to the green list in the next couple of days.  It would be great for airlines and airports as well. If Spain are confident they can handle it then we shouldn't be holding back.

NAH

Other news here is that the H10 Conquistador in Los Cristianos is opening in 5 days time (26th May) and Siam park is opening weekends (Fri - Sat - Sun) from 29th May

The requirement for a negative test for entry to Canary islands remains in force (at the moment) It was on the Spanish Government site this morning that negative tests were not required, but that document has now been removed.

Medman

We have a fortnight's holiday booked for Lanzarote on 1st July, flying from Manchester. Yesterday I was checking our options and as an historic advocate for Ryanair, I am now disgusted with their systems.

They don't have a cancellation policy, so you can't cancel ! But you can change your flight right up to 4 hours before. Ok, but I went onto site and checked what it would cost to move our £1850 (4 adult and 2 children) flights. Wait for it ........ £780 !!! Absolute disgrace  :banghead:

So hopefully we will be able to go in July. I would rather pay for tests than give it to the robbing Ryanair.

TOTO 99

Quote from: Medman on Fri 21 May 2021, 11:56
We have a fortnight's holiday booked for Lanzarote on 1st July, flying from Manchester. Yesterday I was checking our options and as an historic advocate for Ryanair, I am now disgusted with their systems.

They don't have a cancellation policy, so you can't cancel ! But you can change your flight right up to 4 hours before. Ok, but I went onto site and checked what it would cost to move our £1850 (4 adult and 2 children) flights. Wait for it ........ £780 !!! Absolute disgrace  :banghead:

So hopefully we will be able to go in July. I would rather pay for tests than give it to the robbing Ryanair.

Yep...They've still got more of my money than I have   :giggle:

I reckon you'll be fine by July, although wee nippy might put the mockers on that for you. She might want to keep you spending in Scotland rather than abroad...lol... Seriously I think there would be riots if they haven't allowed holidays by July. You'll be fine.

I'll tell you what though, you wouldn't get me on a plane after they've all been parked up for over a year.. :giggle: :giggle:

Anyway, all the best with your holidays.. :giggle:

Medman

Quote from: TOTO 99 on Fri 21 May 2021, 12:15
Yep...They've still got more of my money than I have   :giggle:

I reckon you'll be fine by July, although wee nippy might put the mockers on that for you. She might want to keep you spending in Scotland rather than abroad...lol... Seriously I think there would be riots if they haven't allowed holidays by July. You'll be fine.

I'll tell you what though, you wouldn't get me on a plane after they've all been parked up for over a year.. :giggle: :giggle:

Anyway, all the best with your holidays.. :giggle:

"I'll tell you what though, you wouldn't get me on a plane after they've all been parked up for over a year"

Actually that's one of wife's big fears (apart from the bars being closed)  :giggle:

It all so much "up in the air" with the clock ticking for 1st July   :-[

NAH

From 00:00 on 24 May, arrivals from the UK are no longer subject to testing requirements unless they have travelled to a country on Spain's list of 'risk' countries in the 14 days prior to travel to Spain.

In some parts of Spain, a negative COVID-19 may be required when checking in to tourist accommodation. This currently applies in the Canary Islands.

You should check with your accommodation provider prior to travel.

All arrivals are obliged to present a pre-travel declaration and undergo health checks at the point of entry.

Source: Gov.uk

NAH

Fantasia Bahia Principe (Golf del Sur) is definitely ramping up towards re-opening. Curtains on the dining area have now been opened, loads of staff cars parked there and lights on the princess castle have been on (being tested) tonight for the first time since they closed around Christmas 2020.

What was 'Volcanic Islands' opposite the Fantasia (next to Aberdeen Steakhouse') and for a short time became 'Happy bar' has been refurbished and now open as a pizzeria bar.

What briefly became 'Tapas and Chill' under Golf Park is now 'The Hideaway' sports bar.