Spanish Highway Code

Started by Janet, Wed 23 Jul 2014, 18:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Quote from: Periklēs on Thu 24 Jul 2014, 13:43
There's that stupid joke about the republican wanting to be more Irish - a surgeon offered to remove half his brain to achieve this, so he agreed. He woke up after the op to hear the surgeon tell him they had removed three quarters by mistake. The republican just laughed and said "Diolch, Da iawn Boyo"

Brilliant. One of the ways I amuse myself these days is winding up a Shinner on FB. This joke shall be adapted.  :great:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

NAH

Quote from: Janet on Wed 23 Jul 2014, 23:33
just out of interest, in the UK, is the Highway Code available in different languages??

I've got no links but fairly sure it is, which is why I asked about the Spanish one.
Never ride faster than your angel can fly.

Janet

Perikles' post above suggests Irish Gaelic, Lithuanian, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese and Russian ...
One must have sunshine, freedom and flowers. Hans Christian Andersen

Perikles

OK guys - the definitive info from Dirección General de Tráfico the on how to tackle a ROUNDABOUT

:link:

It is presented as an excellent and clear explanation of all instances. However, as far as I can see it explains nothing. It does not explain how to deal with driving a full circle or three quarters of a circle, which is exactly what needs to be explained.

One car on the inside lane is incorrect because it cuts across the path of one in the outside land. Er - yes - but who has right of way?

Note that the only clear "correct" approaches involve keeping in the outside lane. That's the only place I'll ever be.
Джереми. Prurio ergo sum
κατθάνοισα δὲ κείσῃ οὐδέ ποτα μναμοσύνα σέθεν ἔσσετ' οὐδὲ †ποκ'†ὔστερον• οὐ γὰρ πεδέχῃς βρόδων τῶν ἐκ Πιερίας•

Janet

It's a hopeless graphic ... this one's better ...

[attachimg=1]
One must have sunshine, freedom and flowers. Hans Christian Andersen

Pelinor

These examples are all well and good, but from what I observe the problem comes when you have a roundabout where there are two lanes on the roundabout but a mix of one and two lanes feeding it and exiting it. Sticking to the outside lane is safest!

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

It tells me I have been doing it illegally at the roundabout outside CC San Eugenio.  I learned to enter the roundabout from the left lane, stay in the left lane and exit from that lane, keeping me in the left lane as traffic carries on toward the TF-1.  The reason I do it that way is that people are always double parked in the right lane after the roundabout so the traffic on the right does not move. 

Back to the outside lane or take my chances on a ticket?   :kc024:

Nova

It's irrelevant at the moment because that roundabout is down to one lane while the road is dug up outside CC San Eugenio and the traffic is redirected via a contraflow on the Puerto Colon side of the road  :tiphat:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial