ChalkCat uses cookies in order to function correctly.
To find out more about these cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept cookies from ChalkCat click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Today's Tenerife rave

Offline Michael

• Domestic god.
Today's Tenerife rave
« Reply #30 on: Sun 16 Aug 2015, 12:55 »
I think in the UK they'd just glare at you for having the nerve to get in the way of their ball.  ::)
 until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Offline Myrtle Hogan-Lance

• Forum Turtle
Today's Tenerife rave
« Reply #31 on: Sun 16 Aug 2015, 14:33 »
He is a fine young man whose parents deserve credit.  I was glad to have been there.

• Forum Turtle
Today's Tenerife rave
« Reply #32 on: Sat 20 Feb 2016, 21:24 »
After it was nigh on dark I went to the front window to look out; saw it was raining.  My facial features probably looked a bit grim.  I saw a young man (20-ish) I do not know walk up the hill and turn onto our road.  I did not intend to make eye contact; it was dark and I didn't know him.  Then I saw he was waving wildly at me as he walked through the rain so I waved wildly back, big smile now.  Think we both had a laugh. 

Another reason I love my village.

I think this deserves posting on FB so if you are connected to me don't bother to get bored, just ignore it!!!

Offline Nova

• Forum Geek
  • Say something nice!
Today's Tenerife rave
« Reply #33 on: Thu 30 Jun 2016, 15:31 »
I won't hijack the Rant thread any further with news of my paro application because it's worked!!!!!!!!  :clap:  My online application that I eventually managed to submit has just today been approved  :Woot_Emoticon: :Woot_Emoticon: :Woot_Emoticon:  On the 10th July I will receive the amount of benefit corresponding with the portion of June that I have been out of the bank and all without having to lug my paperwork down to the employment office other than a five minute appointment to correct the error with my nationality.

It took some doing to navigate the process but that's a million times better than the UK way of having to fill out a 50 page questionnaire with your entire family history.  Nice one Tenerife!!!  :thumbup:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

• Forum Turtle
Re: Today's Tenerife rave
« Reply #34 on: Fri 15 Sep 2017, 10:32 »
Imagine this scenario:

- You are in an apartment in the Balcón where the owner provided a brand new dishwasher when you moved in because the old one was in dire condition.  The fridge/freezer is 100 years old, has no light, and tends to pop open.  The washer is a 100 year old Candy which is failing. 

- You go in to pay your rent last Friday and mention that both of those appliances are going to fail, not imminently, but the agent says he'll let the owner of the apartment know.

- Within the hour you get a call from the agent saying that the owner is purchasing new appliances and will have them delivered and installed next week.  Is that ok?  Oh, hell yes! 

- It is supposed to happen this Friday.  The supplier is supposed to call a day ahead to confirm.  (right....)

- The appliance company, Casa Valladares, duly phones on Thursday to say they'll be there just after 0900 Friday.

- You are staying at your house with dogs, so have to get to the Balcón early to receive them.  You walk in at 0838.

- At 0840 your phone rings and the guys are in Los Gigantes and will be there in about 10 minutes.

- In about 10 minutes your phone rings.  They're here and you buzz them in.

- The washing machine goes in first.  You realise 1) it's an AEG, your favourite brand and 2) it's a washer/dryer!!!!!

- The fridge/freezer is a Tegran (never heard of it) and it has a light!

- Everything is installed and everyone wishes everyone a good day at 0915.

- You've got the floor cleaned by 0930.

Jesus, when this place works, it works!

• Forum Turtle
« Reply #35 on: Wed 3 Jul 2019, 18:17 »
I am happy and surprised!   :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin:

You may have heard that Honda was recalling well over a million Takata airbags.  In around April, I got a notice from el Ministerio del Interior that my car was subject to a recall of the airbag.

What I thought was a problem:  the only Honda dealer is up in Los Majuelos (La Laguna) and what a pain in the neck it would be to have to take the car up there. 

What was a stroke of luck:  I was informed that a Honda dealer had opened up in Las Chafiras (that is where I bought the car from before they closed that dealership).  So back in May I drove past and lo and behold, they have a new dealership.  It gets better:  they have a taller (workshop).

So I take my notice in and the lady says she'll photocopy it (she's got a stack on her desk), add it to the list, and phone me when it comes in.  It should be about 20 days.  Okay, right.  I have lived here for a while.  Imagine my surprise to receive a phone call from her about a month later informing me it had not come in yet but that she'd phone me when it did. 

This is Tenerife?

The phone rang this morning.  It was the Honda lady informing me the new airbag has arrived and I now have an appointment for Tuesday morning to get it installed. 

Amazing.

Offline TOTO 99

• I'm An Englishman In New Floors
« Reply #36 on: Wed 3 Jul 2019, 19:40 »
I am happy and surprised!   :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin:

You may have heard that Honda was recalling well over a million Takata airbags.  In around April, I got a notice from el Ministerio del Interior that my car was subject to a recall of the airbag.

What I thought was a problem:  the only Honda dealer is up in Los Majuelos (La Laguna) and what a pain in the neck it would be to have to take the car up there. 

What was a stroke of luck:  I was informed that a Honda dealer had opened up in Las Chafiras (that is where I bought the car from before they closed that dealership).  So back in May I drove past and lo and behold, they have a new dealership.  It gets better:  they have a taller (workshop).

So I take my notice in and the lady says she'll photocopy it (she's got a stack on her desk), add it to the list, and phone me when it comes in.  It should be about 20 days.  Okay, right.  I have lived here for a while.  Imagine my surprise to receive a phone call from her about a month later informing me it had not come in yet but that she'd phone me when it did. 

This is Tenerife?

The phone rang this morning.  It was the Honda lady informing me the new airbag has arrived and I now have an appointment for Tuesday morning to get it installed. 

Amazing.

All being well, you should get it back in time for Christmas shopping Myrtle   :giggle:

• Forum Turtle
« Reply #37 on: Wed 3 Jul 2019, 22:24 »
Oh hell, forgot to say, I asked how long and she said about two hours.  Good grief!!!

• Forum Turtle
« Reply #38 on: Tue 9 Jul 2019, 12:02 »
Well, I'm back. 

I left the car at 0930 and walked to Lidl to go kill time in the weird shit aisle.  I bought a rechargeable steam window/tile cleaner for €20, two silicon ice cube trays, one set of undies, and a tube of toothpaste, them being fresh out of partridges in pear trees.  Then I killed some more time having a fresh orange juice in the café.  At 1030 I decided to walk back and kill time at the taller.

Upon entering the driveway what do I see?  My little Honda parked front and centre, done.  We did the paperwork and I left!

Many many many cheers to the new Honda dealership in Las Chafiras!!!!  By the time I got home I'd received an email with pdf showing what they'd done.  They are a class act and even have a clean loo. 

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline Nova

• Forum Geek
  • Say something nice!
« Reply #39 on: Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:51 »
Fantastic!!!!  I love it when things go smoothly!!!  :clap: :clap: :clap:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial